24 June 2011

Resting

Is it so bad that I just want to sit here and do nothing forever? I mean, why can't I? Aside from the fact that I have tons of kids, housework screaming my name, and paper mounds as tall as Texan cacti (so it seems), why can't I just sit around doing nothing for a change? Instead, I sit around, call it procrastinating, knowing I should be doing something, and that's bad. But what if I sat here and called it relaxing? Would that somehow make it better?

And why not? Everyone needs to rest sometimes, right? Maybe if I start calling rest rest, I will get up and work when rest is over. If I feel like I'm getting rest, maybe I'll actually start to feel rested, which will give me energy to work again.

Many things can be done or undone with mindset changes. Sin is born in the mind, after all. Think I'll give this a try. So...

I'm taking a break. I'm resting. This is OK. Yesterday I worked. So did I the day before. Everyone deserves a break. After all, God made sabbath for man not man for the sabbath.

And in a little while, my rest will be over. Ahhhhhh.
Technorati
~ Guilty Christian

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Spam sucks. Don't be a spammer.